Friday 20 May 2011

An annual event - the Great British Fete

The first of many annual village fetes was advertised in our local paper last weekend and I can hardly wait!  My favourite kind always include a second hand book stall (of course), a tombola, cream teas, a dog show, and a brass band or two. Sometimes the organisers include other attractions like chariot racing, tug-of-war, fancy dress, plate smashing and even welly whanging. Two memorable fetes last year included a visit from the Sealed Knot re-enactment society and ferret racing!

These are just a few 'photos from last year.  The cup-cakes were delicious!


I will be posting more pictures of this years fetes soon

I was looking around a local book fair yesterday and couldn't resist buying this - the Puffin Picture book of Fireworks & Fetes  

This book is now sold, thank you for your interest

2 comments:

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara xx