Wednesday 22 June 2011

Book of the week: Ladybird Helping at Home


My book of the week this week is another Ladybird ‘learning to read’ book published in 1961. This is a nice 1st edition copy with its original dust jacket.

I adore the illustrations in these early Ladybird books as they take me back to my childhood. This pink Candlewick bedspread is just the same as one my parents had and I clearly remember the wooden headboards (and footboards), even the wallpaper looks familiar!



My dad always wore zipped up cardigans, hand knitted by mum, but his were much fancier than the one worn by this little boys father. Dad’s particular favourite was one covered in moose heads, each one with different antlers; mum loathed it by the time it was finished!

Helping at home is now sold, thank you for your interest.


1 comment:

  1. barbaraannefisher23 June 2011 at 07:19

    Thanks for the comment and follow.
    I've been back and think it worked this time!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara xx