Thursday 23 June 2011

The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award



I've just received the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award from the lovely Kathy Maxwell at Books Kids Like. Thank you Kathy you made my day! Please check out Kathy's blog at Books Kids Like

Now I just have to pass the award along to some blogging friends. There are a few rules associated with the award but not too many and not too difficult so here goes ....




1.  Send a thank you to the person who nominated you and include their link.  
2.  Share seven random facts about yourself.
3.  Pass the award along to at least 8 deserving blog buddies.
4.  Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

I would like to share the award with the following;

Deborah Lawrenson
Down The Rabbit Hole
Fantastic Reads
Journey of a Bookseller
Reading For Sanity
The Book Frog
The Children's War
We Be Reading

Now for the tricky bit!

Seven random facts about me and my March House Books website;

1. I used to be able to walk on my hands while balancing a book on my feet - (now-a-days it's difficult to walk on my feet while balancing a book on my hands!!)

2. I have an aversion to spiders (made worse after being bitten by one in Australia - yes, honestly)

3. March House Books was named 'Website of the month' by Rare Book Review. I knew nothing about it until a customer kindly sent me a copy of the magazine.


4. My grandsons are taller than me

5. The song Bar-Bar-Bar Barbara Anne was written for me (OK it wasn't but I am called Barbara Anne so it might have been)

6. My granny Daisy sat on her pet budgie - granny survived - the budgie didn't

7. I need just two books  to complete my Famous Five collection – Five on a treasure island and Five go to smugglers top. There are lots of reprints available but I’m looking for first editions with the original dust jackets.

Update July 2016; I retired in 2015 so the March House Books website is now closed, but I continue to blog here at March of Time Books.  I've found a first edition of Five go to smugglers top but Five on a treasure island first edition in the original dust jacket still eludes me.

8 comments:

  1. I smiled when I read about the budgie! So sad but so funny at the same time!!
    You're an Enid Blyton fan!!!! Yes!!!! Me, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah Lawrenson23 June 2011 at 17:44

    Thank you so much, Barbara! I'm honoured. And I too had a childhood full of those Ladybird books on your previous post - look where that led!

    ReplyDelete
  3. barbaraannefisher23 June 2011 at 18:57

    Hi Kathy,
    Everyone has the same reaction!
    It was terrible at the time because granny loved that bird more than anything but she did see the funny side of it eventually - it took a lot of years though.
    I loved the Famous Five and the Secret Seven as a girl and still do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. barbaraannefisher23 June 2011 at 18:59

    Hello Deborah
    You are most welcome. Ladybird, Enid Blyton - what did our parents do to us?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! That is so lovely of you. I love those original Famous Five books with the dust jackets and a coloured frontispiece- happy searching! (Fantastic Reads)

    ReplyDelete
  6. barbaraannefisher23 June 2011 at 19:33

    Thank you too! Thanks also for following on Twitter I'm following back. I look forward to reading seven random facts about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. barbaraannefisher28 June 2011 at 20:31

    Hi Kristen,
    You are more than welcome. I really enjoy your blog and wanted to pass it on.
    Thanks for the Twitter follow I'm following you too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara xx