Saturday 2 July 2011

Manston Church Fete

Another 'Great British Fete' held in the grounds of Manston House, near Sturminster Newton, Dorset. A traditional fete with the usual mix of stalls and sideshows together with interesting games and pastimes.

Cake - what cake? Perhaps he will give me a bit if I look the other way!

Throughout the afternoon music was provided by the Shaftesbury Town Band and the Blandford Gymnastics Club put on a great show. 


Tea, cakes and ice creams were available on the lawns and the afternoon was nicely rounded off with a walk through the sunny walled garden.


I could not resist this shot.  I wonder  what they were thinking?


2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I have never traveled to this part of the world although I would love to. Thank you for the visit to my blog:) I love childrens books and I wish I can review more. My youngest is now 10 so I do not get to read them to my children like I used to and miss that.Your blog is lovely and you are doing a great job with it. I am now your follower. Wishing you lots of luck!
    Autumn Blues Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. barbaraannefisher6 July 2011 at 23:04

    Really pleased you like the post, thank you for taking the time to comment and follow. It is sad when your children don't want to listen to stories anymore - but it's wonderful when/if grandchildren come along because then you get to do it all again. We are blessed with three wonderful grandchildren, two grown up grandsons and a brand new baby granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara xx