Friday 19 August 2011

Added Value: Things found in books part seven




Cute birthday card manufactured by A. M. Davis & Co. Quality Cards, London. Undated.

All kinds of good times from morning till night, so the day will just ring with your shouts of delight!

Message reads - to King (great name!) wishing you a very happy birthday from A. Wren.



Found in The playbox annual 1944
The Playbox annual & card featured here are now sold, thank you for your interest.

If you enjoy old bookmarks a visit to Forgotten Bookmarks is a must

How about you? What do you use as a bookmark? Have you ever found a lost bookmark?

4 comments:

  1. Hello Barbara! I just had to come and visit you. Many thanks for your great comment on my blog today. I adore all the nostalgia on your site here...ah! the good old days!
    I'll hop off to check out your website too but not before I sign up to follow you.
    Very nice to 'meet you' here.
    Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. barbaraannefisher19 August 2011 at 19:27

    Hello Carol
    Thank you for calling in and commenting.
    The good old days indeed!
    I’m so pleased you like my blog.
    Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever found bits of paper. It's hard to believe people forget their bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. barbaraannefisher20 August 2011 at 06:39

    I’ve found all kinds of things including shopping lists, newspaper clippings, bus tickets, playing cards, recipes, letters, bills, cinema tickets, sandwich wrappers and even a shoe lace!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comment. Thank you!
Barbara xx